Hello everyone,

After googled a bit, I got information that btrfs supports FIEMAP (as "cp"
needs it), but it's not valid for "write" operation.

I guess we cannot write to block device directly after get block list using
FIEMAP. This is because:

1. COW feature of btrfs (but this can be disabled using NOCOW)
2. File system rebalance
3. Defragmentation

Aren't item #2 and #3 also a problem for "read" operation? For example, after
"cp" get block list using FIEMAP, file system rebalance occurs, So, previous
result of FIEMAP is not valid anymore.

Or maybe I misunderstood something. Please correct me.

Thanks
Mike