On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 06:25:54PM -0500, EJ Parker wrote:
> I rebooted my server last night and discovered that my btrfs
> filesystem (3 disk raid1) would not mount anymore. After doing some
> research and getting nowhere I went to IRC and user darkling asked me
> a few questions and asked for output of btrfs-debug-tree and
> ultimately sent me here saying I should include a handful of things:
>
> Before I go further, let's get required info out of the way:
>
> uname -a:
>         Linux archhost1 4.2.3-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Oct 3 18:52:50
> CEST 2015 x86_64 GNU/Linux
> btrfs --version:
>         btrfs-progs v4.2.1
> output from "btrfs fi show":
>     Label: none  uuid: 5470630f-39f4-4d39-90a2-277d7991722a
>         Total devices 3 FS bytes used 3.10TiB
>         devid    1 size 3.64TiB used 2.12TiB path /dev/sdd
>         devid    2 size 3.64TiB used 2.12TiB path /dev/sde
>         devid    3 size 3.64TiB used 2.12TiB path /dev/sdc
>
> First, I am able to mount with -o ro,recovery, but not with just -o
> recovery. When I attempt to mount w/o ro, I get this in dmesg:
[snip]
> darklink also mentioned that btrfs-zero-log might help too, but that I
> should get confirmation from one of the devs on that.

   I suggested the zero-log might work because the FS is mountable
with -o ro, but not without, which suggests a corrupt log. However,
it's not obvious to me what tree the corruption is in, and whether
zeroing the log might actually hurt the recovery process.

   Hugo.

--
Hugo Mills             | There's an infinite number of monkeys outside who
hugo@... carfax.org.uk | want to talk to us about this new script for Hamlet