On Sat, Nov 07, 2015 at 08:04:01PM +0100, Jakob Schürz wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I can't find any Information for my Problem. And I try to explain, what
> I want.
[snip]
> BUT
>
> When i boot from f.e. @debian-snap2, the mechanics doesn't work any longer.
>
> btrfs subvol snapshot @debian-snap2 @debian-snap3
>
> this works.
>
> btrfs send -p @debian-snap2 debian-snap3 | btrfs receive /backupmountpoint
>
> gives me an error, that btrfs can't find a subvol with a proper ID.
>
> Ho to do this, if i want to boot from a former snapshot (in case of a
> mistaken system-upgrade) and i want to transfer the later snapshots to
> the external HD - only the differences?

   Basically, you can't right now. It's a known limitation, and can, I
think, be fixed, but it'll need a change to the send stream format,
which is a tricky migration to do (because there's currently no format
identifier in it, which makes it hard to handle both formats easily).

> There is nothing on the internet on this problem (I've found). But i
> think this is a usecase, which I'm not alone needing it...

   You're not alone. It will come eventually, but only when David's in
a position to deal with the issues of changing the send stream.

   Hugo.

--
Hugo Mills             | "No! My collection of rare, incurable diseases!
hugo@... carfax.org.uk | Violated!"