On 2015-11-08 16:28, Glen H wrote:
Hi,

I really enjoy the features of btrfs but send|receive is failing me so
my backups are not working.  I'm using "btrbk" to backup my drives
(all local) and one of the three subvolumes errors out.  When I run
this command from the terminal it errors out:

btrfs send /mnt/ssd/_btrbk_snap/@.20151108 | btrfs receive /mnt/backup2tb/
At subvol /mnt/ssd/_btrbk_snap/@.20151108
At subvol @.20151108
ERROR: send ioctl failed with -2: No such file or directory
ERROR: unexpected EOF in stream.
Have you ever run any kind of data deduplication (bedup, duperemove, or something else) on the source filesystem? I've seen errors like this in the past when trying to send from a filesystem that I had run deduplication on (and I don't think that the patches to fix it made into the version of Mint you're using).

That aside, there are two things that I've found that can fix some (but not all) send/receive errors: 1. Run a balance on the filesystem (either a full balance, or use filters to select just the block in question). 2. Force the file that it's choking on to be re-written (you can use 'btrfs receive -vv' to see what files it's processing, although be prepared for _a lot_ of output).