On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 01:10:12PM -0500, Austin S Hemmelgarn wrote:
> On 2015-11-13 12:30, Vedran Vucic wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >Here are outputs of commands as you requested:
> >  btrfs fi df /
> >Data, single: total=8.00GiB, used=7.71GiB
> >System, DUP: total=32.00MiB, used=16.00KiB
> >Metadata, DUP: total=1.12GiB, used=377.25MiB
> >GlobalReserve, single: total=128.00MiB, used=0.00B
> >
> >btrfs fi show
> >Label: none  uuid: d6934db3-3ac9-49d0-83db-287be7b995a5
> >         Total devices 1 FS bytes used 8.08GiB
> >         devid    1 size 18.71GiB used 10.31GiB path /dev/sda6
> >
> >btrfs-progs v4.0+20150429
> >
> Hmm, that's odd, based on these numbers, you should be having no
> issue at all trying to run a balance. You might be hitting some
> other bug in the kernel, however, but I don't remember if there were
> any known bugs related to ENOSPC or balance in the version you're
> running.

   There's one specific bug that shows up with ENOSPC exactly like
this. It's in all versions of the kernel, there's no known solution,
and no guaranteed mitigation strategy, I'm afraid. Various things like
balancing, or adding, balancing, and removing a device again have been
tried. Sometimes they seem to help; sometimes they just make the
problem worse.

   We average maybe one report a week or so(*) with this particular
set of symptoms.

   Hugo.

(*) <waves hands vaguely>

--
Hugo Mills             | You can play with your friends' privates, but you
hugo@... carfax.org.uk | can't play with your friends' childrens' privates.