On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 7:23 PM, Qu Wenruo <quwen...@cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Chris Murphy wrote on 2015/12/20 19:12 -0700:
>>
>> On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 6:43 PM, Qu Wenruo <quwen...@cn.fujitsu.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Seems possible. Maybe some metadata just failed to reach disk.
>>> BTW, did I asked for a btrfs-show-super output?
>>

>> Nope. I will attach to this email below for both devices.
>>
>>> If that's the case, superblock on device 2 maybe older than superblock on
>>> device 1.
>>

>> Yes, looks iike devid 1 transid 4924, and devid 2 transid 4923. And
>> it's devid 2 that had device reset and write errors when it vanished
>> and reappeared as a different block device.
>>

> Now all the problem is explained.
>
> You should be good to mount it rw, as RAID1 will handle all the problem.
> Then you can either use scrub on dev2 to fix all the generation mismatch.
>
> Although I prefer to wipe dev2 and mount dev1 as degraded, and replace the
> missing dev2 with a good device/usb port.

Yeah.

Best info I have right now is this particular make/model of USB 3.0
enclosure is common and sometimes has this reset and vanish problem
with only certain controllers. In my case all four of the same kind of
enclosure does this but only with 900mA ports. There's never a problem
with 1.5A ports. I think it's just a slightly out of spec product. But
usb-storage kernel developers said the warnings shouldn't result in
corruptions. Another user with the same enclosure reported the problem
only happens on Linux, not Windows, on the same host hardware. So it
could also be some Linux SCSI layer error handling that's not working
around a pre-existing issue when the device is flaky.

Thanks!

--
Chris Murphy