On 2016-02-04 14:40, Chris Murphy wrote:
On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 5:53 AM, Austin S. Hemmelgarn
<ahferro...@gmail.com> wrote:

4) Possibly get rid of the message on subvolume delete (It provides no
useful information at all, and it has no option to not error out on non
existence of a subvolume.  In addition, the same arguments as for create
apply here too.).

btrfs sub del has different commit modes that affect the user space
command's completion behavior, and output. So I wouldn't say it isn't
useful.

Last I checked, those are controlled by using command line switches, which means that anyone invoking them knows what they're invoking because it's specified on the command line, therefore all info it currently provides in the non-error case is info you should already have. I have no issue with it spitting out errors if something goes wrong, but it's just annoying having output that provides no information that isn't already known when everything goes right (think atd, cron, and almost any other periodic or deferred scheduling system).