Hello everyone!

I just wanted to create a RAID6 and got the following output:

> # mkfs.btrfs -d raid6 -m raid6 -L slowPool /dev/sd[cdefgh]
> btrfs-progs v4.4.1
> See http://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org for more information.
>
> Label:              slowPool
> UUID:               85ddf6a7-51f1-4cc0-b6cd-d472277b0e86
> Node size:          16384
> Sector size:        4096
> Filesystem size:    27.29TiB
>
> Block group profiles:
>   Data:             RAID6             4.01GiB
>   Metadata:         RAID6             4.01GiB
>   System:           RAID6            14.50MiB
>
> SSD detected:       no
> Incompat features:  extref, raid56, skinny-metadata
> Number of devices:  6
>
> Devices:
>    ID        SIZE  PATH
>
>     1     4.55TiB  /dev/sdc
>     2     4.55TiB  /dev/sdd
>     3     4.55TiB  /dev/sde
>     4     4.55TiB  /dev/sdf
>     5     4.55TiB  /dev/sdg
>     6     4.55TiB  /dev/sdh

And then the line saying "Incompat features: ... raid56" came to my eyes.
Reading the corresponding manpage, it says:
> raid56
>     extended format for RAID5/6, also enabled if raid5 or raid6 block groups
>     are selected

So why is raid56 marked as incompatible if I just created a file system with
multiple disks using the RAID6 profile? Have I misunderstood something there?
I am confused. Can somebody here lighten this up?

(If important: Gentoo Linux with kernel 4.5.0, btrfs-progs v4.4.1)

Andi