On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 6:53 AM, Martin Svec <martin.s...@zoner.cz> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we use btrfs subvolumes for rsync-based backups. During backups btrfs often
> fails with "No space
> left" error and goes to readonly mode (dmesg output is below) while there's
> still plenty of
> unallocated space:

Are you snapshotting near the time of enospc? If so it's a known
problem that's been around for a while. There are some suggestions in
the archives but I think the main thing is to back off on the workload
momentarily, take the snapshot, and then resume the workload. I don't
think it has to come to a complete stop but it's a lot more
reproducible with heavy writes.

--
Chris Murphy