Hi,

On 06/21/2016 01:30 AM, Marc Grondin wrote:

I have a btrfs filesystem ontop of a 4x1tb mdraid raid5 array and I've
been getting confusing output on metadata usage. Seems that even tho
both data and metadata are in single profile metadata is reporting
double the space(as if it was in dupe profile)

I guess that's a coincidence.

From the total amount of space you have (on top of the mdraid), there's 3 GiB allocated/reserved for use as metadata. Inside that 3 GiB, 1.53GiB of actual metadata is present.

[...]
Metadata,single: Size:3.00GiB, Used:1.53GiB
/dev/mapper/storage2 3.00GiB

Metadata, single: total=3.00GiB, used=1.53GiB

If you'd change to DUP, it would look like:

for fi usage:

Metadata,single: Size:3.00GiB, Used:1.53GiB
/dev/mapper/storage2 6.00GiB

for fi df:

Metadata, single: total=3.00GiB, used=1.53GiB

Except for the 6.00GiB which would show the actual usage on disk, the other metadata numbers all hide the profile ratio.

Hans