On 2016-06-28 20:05, Chris Murphy wrote:
> Well it probably shouldn't crash but the question is why is device 4
> missing? We have no information what version of btrfs-progs or kernel
> is used, or what the layout of this volume is: how many devices,
> what's the profile breakdown, etc. Are you attempting to fix a
> degraded volume and are the minimum number of devices present? Btrfs
> fi show would be useful for this.
>
> If it's relatively recent version of btrfs-progs then I'd file a bug
> just because it shouldn't crash, it should give some sort of coherent
> message about why it can't proceed.

Sorry for the missing informations. Here you are:

- linux-libre: 4.6.2
- btrfs-progs: 4.5.3

# btrfs filesystem show /dev/loop0
warning, device 4 is missing
Label: none  uuid: 34fb5b58-f50f-47c3-a5b8-91d81a30eade
        Total devices 2 FS bytes used 5.17GiB
        devid    1 size 30.00GiB used 30.00GiB path /dev/loop0
        *** Some devices missing

If I remember correctly I extended that root filesystem with some
additional space from a file in the home directory, in the hope of
fixing a problem with btrfs balance and not enough space. I don't have
the additional file anymore, so I probably won't be able to mount this
image file anymore. Anyway as you said btrfs-check shouldn't crash.

So I'm going to submit a bug as you suggested.

Thanks.

--
Website: http://www.fturco.net/
GPG key: 6712 2364 B2FE 30E1 4791 EB82 7BB1 1F53 29DE CD34