On 07/12/2016 05:40 PM, Goffredo Baroncelli wrote:
Hi All,

the enclosed patch adds a new btrfs sub command: "btrfs inspect physical-find".
The aim of this new command is to show the physical placement on the disk of a file.
Currently it handles all the profiles (single, dup, raid1/10/5/6).
I develop this command in order to show some bug in btrfs RAID5 profile (see
next email).

I've done this manually from time to time, and love the idea of having a helper for it. Can I talk you into adding a way to save the contents of the block without having to use dd? btrfs-map-logical does this now, but not via the search ioctl and not by filename.

say:

Looks like you've open coded btrfs_map_logical() below, getting output from the search ioctl. Dave might want that in a more centralized place.

Also, please turn:

for(;;)
    if (foo) {
        statements