On 07/12/2016 05:50 PM, Goffredo Baroncelli wrote:
> Using "btrfs insp phy" I developed a script to trigger the bug.

Thank you for the script and all for sharing the raid5 and scrubbing issues. I
have been using two raid5 arrays and ran scrub occasionally without any
problems lately and been in false confidence. I converted successfully raid5
arrays into raid10 without any glitch.

I tried to modify the shell script so that instead of corrupting data with dd,
a simulated bad block is created with device mapper. Modern disks are likely to
either return the correct data or an error if they cannot.

The modified script behaves very much like the original dd version. With dd
version I see wrong data instead of expected data. With simulated bad block I
see no data at all instead of expected data since dd quits on read error.

Jarkko Lavinen