Hello

Thanks for the information. I did another run of scrubbing et voila:
total bytes scrubbed: 12.11TiB with 0 errors, which is pretty much two
times the amount of actual data stored on the filesystem. I am
relieved, but still would like to know why this went wrong in the
first place and why it is working again without me doing anything to
fix it.
Concerning Testing: I only use it on desktops and home servers, which
do not offer any services to the net. I am very fond of Debian and
always use stable or even old-stable on work servers, but was finally
to annoyed at the fact that the software I was using on a fresh
installation was practically already out of date.

Yours sincerely
Stefan