Hi again,

so, it seems that I've solved the problem:  After having to umount/mount the
FS several times to get btrfs-cleaner to finish, I thought of the "failed to
load free space [...], rebuilding it now" type errors and decided to try the
clear_cache mount option.  Since then, my home server has been running its
backups regularly again.  Furthermore, I was able back up my desktop again via
send/recv (the rsync based backup is still running, but I expect it to
succeed).  The kernel log has also stayed clean.

Kai, I'd be curious whether clear_cache will help in your case, too, if you
haven't tried it already.

Greetings
--
Marc Joliet