At 03/14/2017 07:55 PM, David Sterba wrote:
On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 12:55:06PM +0100, David Sterba wrote:
On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 04:05:02PM +0800, Qu Wenruo wrote:
v2:
  Abstract the original code to read out data in one btrfs file to
  btrfs_read_file().
  Use simple_range and btrfs_reserved_ranges[] to cleanup open code.
v3:
  Rebased to v4.10.
  Squash modification in later commits to their previous owner.
  Fix a converity report, which doesn't exit when an error is found in
  check_convert_image()
  Fix a lot of check scripts warning

I did not mention that explicitly under v2, but the series has been
merged to devel so incremental changes should be sent from now on.

Sorry, but IIRC it's recommended to base the code to latest stable/release branch, so I rebase them all to v4.10 code base. (Last time you said basing code upon devel is quite a bad behavior and makes merging painful)

And yes, it's quite a pain to rebase them. I totally understand the pain during the v4.9.1->v4.10 rebase.

went through the patches almost line by line and fixed things here and
there. The patchset-to-patchset diff is not large (attached).

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for the effort.

But I'm afraid it may still happen time by time.
As you already see, we have several pending big patchset for btrfs-progs.
(Lowmem mode repair, offline scrub, and maybe some other things)

So to save your time, could you info us before merging large patchset and provide a base commit for us to rebase for you?

I think this would save time for both.

Thanks,
Qu

Now attached.