On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 02:55:00PM -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> Egads.
>
> Maybe Cloud Admin ought to consider using a filter to just balance the
> data chunks across the three devices, and just leave the metadata on
> the original two disks?

Balancing when adding a new disk isn't that important unless the two old
disks are almost full.

> Maybe
> sudo btrfs balance start -dusage=100 <mp>

Note that this doesn't mean "all data", merely "all data chunks < 100%
full".  It's a strictly-lesser-than comparison.

You'd want "-dusage=101" which is illegal, the right one is "-d".  I used to
believe -dusage=100 does that, myself.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ A dumb species has no way to open a tuna can.