On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 11:12:01 -0700
Liu Bo <bo.li....@oracle.com> wrote:

> Superblock and chunk tree root is OK, looks like the header part of
> the tree root is now all-zero, but I'm unable to think of a btrfs bug
> which can lead to that (if there is, it is a serious enough one)

I see that the FS is being mounted with "discard". So maybe it was a TRIM gone
bad (wrong location or in a wrong sequence).

Generally it appears to be not recommended to use "discard" by now (because of
its performance impact, and maybe possible issues like this), instead schedule
to call "fstrim <mountpoint>" once a day or so, and/or on boot-up.

> on ssd like disks, by default there is only one copy for metadata.

Time and time again, the default of "single" metadata for SSD is a terrible
idea. Most likely DUP metadata would save the FS in this case.

--
With respect,
Roman