On 08.08.2017 15:19, Janos Toth F. wrote:

I think you should consider using Linux 4.12 which has bfq (bfq-mq)
for blk-mq. So, you don't need out-of-tree BFQ patches if you switch
to blk-mq (but now you are free to do so even if you have HDDs or SSDs
which benefit from software schedulers since you have some multi-queue
schedulers for them). Just make sure to enable blk-mq (has to be a
boot parameter or build-time choice) in order to gain access to
bfq-mq. And remember that bfq-mq has to be activated manually (the
build-time choice for a default scheduler is not valid for multi-queue
schedulers, you will default to "none" which is effectively the new
"no-op").
Note: there is only one BFQ in 4.12 and it's bfq-mq which runs under
the name of simply BFQ (not bfq-mq, I only used that name to make it
clear that BFQ in 4.12 is a multi-queue version of BFQ).

I always wondered if Btrfs makes any use of FUA if it's enabled for
compatible SATA devices (it's disabled by default because there are
some drives with faulty firmware).

I also wonder if RAID10 is any better (or actually worse?) for
metadata (and system) chunks than RAID1.