On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 03:34:01PM -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 11:08 PM,  <siranee...@tpc.co.th> wrote:
>

> > The backup script has the btrfs sync command since Aug 3
>

> From your script:
> > system btrfs sub snap -r $basepath $snappath
> > system btrfs sub sync $basepath
>
> From the man page: sync <path> [subvolid...]
>            Wait until given subvolume(s) are completely removed from the
>            filesystem after deletion.
>

> This 'subvolume sync' command, per the man page, is only about
> subvolume deletion. I suggest replacing it with a regular sync
> command.
>
> I think the problem is that the script does things so fast that the
> snapshot is not always consistent on disk before btrfs send starts.
> It's just a guess though. If I'm right, this means the rsync mismaches
> mean the destination snapshots are bad. Here's what I would do:

   I don't see how that can happen. Snapshots are atomic -- they're
either there or not there. It's not a matter even of copying the
metadata part of the subvol. It's literally just adding a pointer to
point at an existing FS tree.

   Hugo.

--
Hugo Mills             | If it's December 1941 in Casablanca, what time is it
hugo@... carfax.org.uk | in New York?