On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 05:40:30PM -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 4:57 PM, Piotr Szymaniak <szar...@grubelek.pl> wrote:
>

> > and... some issues:
> > ~ # btrfs fi du -s /mnt/red/\@backup/
> >      Total   Exclusive  Set shared  Filename
> > ERROR: cannot check space of '/mnt/red/@backup/': Inappropriate ioctl for
> > device
>

> It's a bug, but I don't know if any devs are working on a fix yet.
>
> The problem is that the subvolume being snapshot, contains subvolumes.
> The resulting snapshot, contains an empty directory in place of the
> nested subvolume(s), and that is the cause for the error.

Ok, but why, on the same btrfs, it works on some subvols with subvols and does
not work on other subvols with subvols? If it does not work - OK, if it works -
OK, but that seems a bit... random?

~ # btrfs fi du -s /mnt/red/\@backup/
/mnt/red/\@backup/.snapshot/monthly_2017-08-01_05\:30\:01/ /mnt/red/\@svn/
/mnt/red/\@svn/.snapshot/weekly_2017-08-05_04\:20\:02/