Hi,
It seems to me that the proposal[1] for a snapshot-aware defrag has long been abandoned. Since most peoples badly need this feature I tought about how to possibly speed up the achievement of this goal.

I know of several bounty-based kickstarting platforms, among them the best ones are probably bountysource.com[2] and freedomsponsors.org[3]. With both platforms everyone interested can place a bounty on the issue and if/when there will be someone interested to implement it he will get the bounty. I created an issue on both of them just to show how the platform will handle it.

Since btrfs is a small community, before actually placing bounties and sponsoring it I would like to know if there is someone against this development model or someone interested in implementing a feature because of a bounty.

Bests,
Niccolò

[1]https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-btrfs/msg34539.html
[2]https://www.bountysource.com/issues/50004702-feature-request-snapshot-aware-defrag