On 10/12/2017 08:47 AM, Joseph Dunn wrote:
After seeing how btrfs seeds work I wondered if it was possible to push
specific files from the seed to the rw device.  I know that removing
the seed device will flush all the contents over to the rw device, but
what about flushing individual files on demand?

I found that opening a file, reading the contents, seeking back to 0,
and writing out the contents does what I want, but I was hoping for a
bit less of a hack.

Is there maybe an ioctl or something else that might trigger a similar
action?

You mean to say - seed-device delete to trigger copy of only the specified or the modified files only, instead of whole of seed-device ? What's the use case around this ?

Thanks, Anand

Thanks,
-Joseph