On 11/16/2017 01:03 AM, David Sterba wrote:
On Thu, Nov 09, 2017 at 11:45:22PM +0800, Anand Jain wrote:
This is in preparation to help bring the missing device back to the
alloc list dynamically. As of now if we run 'btrfs dev scan </dev/missing>'
on a mounted FS, nothing happens, there is no code which handles this
condition. So the idea is to fix it by running through the device open
process for the reappeared missing device.

So this patch separates device open steps into a separate function so that
it can be called for a device, instead of for all the devices in the
dev_list. As this function is in the critical mount section, and to show
the src code changes as clearly as possible, I have created 4 no-functional
changes patches, which can be merged together if needed.

The splitting is fine, I've only merged 2 and 4 to one, but otherwise
it's clear from each patch if there are no functional changes. 1,3,2+4
added to next, thanks.

Thanks indeed. (git-diff showed changes which didn't make sense,
I had to split, merge is fine).

Thanks, Anand