Am 17.11.2017 um 21:08 schrieb Nick Terrell:
On Nov 17, 2017, at 8:48 AM, Uli Heller <uli.hel...@daemons-point.com> wrote:

I tried to compile these on ubuntu-14.04 running 4.4.0-98-generic
- I had to install libzstd-dev
- I had to disable the zstd tests

Do you think this ends up in a working binary? Or am I doing something strange?
You'll need to install libzstd-dev to compile with zstd enabled, since you
need the libraries and headers. What version of libzstd do you have? You'll
need a version >= 0.8.1 in order to read the compressed data.

I compiled and installed version 1.3.2. I didn't verify if this version is actually working OK. The tests run during the build for quite some time and I didn't observe an error, so I assumed
it ought to be fine.

On the zstd side, we're working on getting the version of zstd in Ubuntu
16.04 upgraded from 0.5.1 to a version >= 1.0.0 [1]. zstd-0.5.1 was
released before the format stabilized, and can't read data produced by zstd
= 0.6.
I would expect the zstd tests to fail if the zstd version is < 0.8.1.
Otherwise, could you tell me which version of zstd you have, and I'll
attempt to reproduce the issue.

OK, so the success of the zstd tests depend on the version of the library, not the version
of the kernel, right?

I can offer to send some output of the failing tests if it helps.

Thanks a lot + best regards, Uli