On 02/13/2018 12:55 AM, David Sterba wrote:
On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 11:34:56PM +0800, Anand Jain wrote:
extent_buffer_uptodate() returns from test_bit() which is of
type bool, so update extent_buffer_uptodate() to it.

The return value of test_bit differes by architecture, there are several
that return int. You probably refer to x86 that uses some trickery to
optimize for constants and that returns bool. While we can add more
int/bool, I don't think it's wrong to have int here so I don't see what
this patch fixes.

  Ah the other arch(s) I didn't go that deep, thanks for pointing out.
  Yes pls ignore this patch.

In this particular case, extent_buffer_uptodate is a trivial wrapper
around test_bit so it would be better to make it a static inline. This
would remove the call indirection and reduce size of the code.

 Ok. Will fix that while here.

Thanks, Anand