>>Mar 15 14:03:06 auswscs9903 kernel: BTRFS warning (device sdag): failed
>>setting block group ro: -30

> These are only found in scrub.c

Interesting.  I'm running an offline btrfs check right now, so far extents and
free space cache seem to have passed.
If that finishes successfully, I'll try resuming my rsync and see what happens.

> Another thing you could try is mounting with nospace_cache. This is a
> coin toss if it will matter, but the fact it's not able to create
> pending bg's makes me wonder if possibly something is awry with the on
> disk free space cache, and this would eliminate that possibility
> without having to clear the cache. There's a performance penalty with
> nospace_cache but that's the least of the issues right now.

I'll try this as well if the above fails.  Thanks for the input.

--
Mike S

The information contained in this e-mail is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s) and may be confidential, proprietary, and/or
legally privileged.  Inadvertent disclosure of this message does not
constitute a waiver of any privilege.  If you receive this message in
error, please do not directly or indirectly use, print, copy, forward,
or disclose any part of this message.  Please also delete this e-mail
and all copies and notify the sender.  Thank you.