On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 12:18:45PM +0200, René Rebe wrote:
> On 16 Apr 2018, at 21:15, David Sterba <dste...@suse.cz> wrote:

> >> Would have loved to immediately give it a try, however, sorry,
> >> I forgot to mention I'm on the latest stable release -4.16.2-
> >> on a first glance this does not look like it does just apply.
> >>
> >> I would re-base myself if I would not also have a glibc initialization
> >> bug to hunt and debug, too :-/
> >>
> >> If you happen to also rebase it for current -stable, ... ;-)
> >
> > Sure, attached a 4.16.2 version.
> > <0001-test-readdir-unaligned-access.patch>
>
> Cool, thanks, built and so far it works, the warnings are gone.
>
>       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYsKct4T2xk

Thanks for testing on a real hardware! I'm not aware of regular runtime
testing on sparc, the other architectures with strict alignment
requirement have probably the emulation turned on by default so the
warnings do not appear. Or nobody bothers to report them though the
fixes are typically simple.

I like your vintage hw videos, keep going!