I'm running Ubuntu 16.04.  I rebooted my server today as it wasn't
responding.

When I rebooted the root FS was read only.

I booted a live Ubuntu CD and checked the drive with the results shown in
attachment btrfs-check.log.

The error was still there after completing the btrfs check --repair :( And
when I deleted some old subvolumes from there after that the filesystem went
read-only with a bunch errors in dmesg which are in the attached file
btrfs-dmesg-errs.log.

Of course my last backup was longer ago than I like to think about. Though I
could restore back to about 8 months ago, I'd very much prefer not to ...

On my bootable CD the Kernel is 4.18.3 and btrfs-progs is 4.7.3-1

HELP!!!

If do have enough space to copy stuff off the root volume but I think I'll
need hand holding through the recovery process.

The volume has sub-volumes called @ and @home which are mounted as / and
/home respectively.

Thanks
David