On 5/16/18 6:35 PM, David Sterba wrote:
> On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 06:03:56PM +0800, Anand Jain wrote:
>> Not yet ready for the integration. As I need to introduce
>> -o no_read_mirror_policy instead of -o read_mirror_policy=-<devid>
>
> Mount option is mostly likely not the right interface for setting such
> options, as usual.

I've seen a few alternate suggestions in the thread.  I suppose the real
question is: what and where is the intended persistence for this choice?

A mount option gets it via fstab.  How would a user be expected to set
it consistently via ioctl on each mount?  Properties could work, but
there's more discussion needed there.  Personally, I like the property
idea since it could conceivably be used on a per-file basis.

-Jeff

--
Jeff Mahoney
SUSE Labs