On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 3:15 AM, Qu Wenruo <quwenruo.bt...@gmx.com> wrote:
> I'd like to make sure everyone, including developers and end-users, are
> fine with the restrict error-out behavior.

Yes, please error out, as a start.  Requesting this was on my
btrfs-to-do list.  A device generation mismatch from a drive going
offline until forced reboot was what ultimately sent me on the path of
problems I had.  Had parent transid errors, which I realized was due
to this, and decided to replace the outdated lvm partition with a new
one.  (Hiding the bad one to prevent UUID problems of course.)