On Mon, Jul 02, 2018 at 02:22:20PM +0800, Su Yue wrote:
> > Ok, that's 29MB, so it doesn't fit on pastebin:
> > http://marc.merlins.org/tmp/dshelf2_inspect.txt
> >
> Sorry Marc. After offline communication with Qu, both
> of us think the filesystem is hard to repair.
> The filesystem is too large to debug step by step.
> Every time check and debug spent is too expensive.
> And it already costs serveral days.
>
> Sadly, I am afarid that you have to recreate filesystem
> and reback up your data. :(
>
> Sorry again and thanks for you reports and patient.

I appreciate your help. Honestly I only wanted to help you find why the
tools aren't working. Fixing filesystems by hand (and remotely via Email
on top of that), is way too time consuming like you said.

Is the btrfs design flawed in a way that repair tools just cannot repair
on their own?
I understand that data can be lost, but I don't understand how the tools
just either keep crashing for me, go in infinite loops, or otherwise
fail to give me back a stable filesystem, even if some data is missing
after that.

Thanks,
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....