On Tue, Aug 07, 2018 at 06:39:50PM +0200, David Sterba wrote:
>On Sun, Aug 05, 2018 at 06:39:57PM +0800, Lu Fengqi wrote:
>> This patchset will add the BTRFS_IOC_SUBVOL_UNDELETE ioctl for online
>> btrfs subvolume undelete.
>>
>> And btrfs subvolume undelete subcommand was added to btrfs-progs.
>>
>> So user can use the following command to recover all the subolume that
>> is left on the device. The recovered subvolume will be link to <dest> dir
>> named to <name_prefix><subvol_id>.
>
>Hm, I don't agree with the proposed interface - to recover all deleted
>subvolumes. IMO this should recover just one subvolume of a given id a
>to given directory.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I may have thought too much about
the interface before. In my imagination, the cleaner kthread is like a
monster that devours user data at any time, so the user must perform an
online undelete operation as soon as possible, so there is no time to
determine the subvol_id that should be passed. However, I have to admit
that I don't know much about the user's actual usage scenarios, I will
accept the interface you provided. Of course, I really like this because it
greatly simplifies the ioctl structure.

>The ioctl structure has to be reworked, I've skimmed the code and saw
>some suspicious things but will have a look after the interface is
>settled.

When I rework the ioctl structure, I will carefully recheck the
incorrect place in the code.

--
Thanks,
Lu