On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 10:59:16AM +0900, Misono Tomohiro wrote:
> Since commit d7df2c796d7e ("Btrfs attach delayed ref updates to
> delayed ref heads"), check_delaed_ref() won't return -ENOENT.
>
> In btrfs_cross_ref_exist(), two variable 'ret' and 'ret2' is
> originally used to handle -ENOENT error case.
>
> Since the code is not needed anymore, let's just remove 'ret2'.

Good cleanup and the patch would be ok as-is. I've noticed that
check_delayed_ref now returns only two values so it might make sense to
turn it to bool and update the name of check_delayed_ref to make it
clear what the return value means in the loop.

The concern here is that adding another error code in check_delayed_ref
in the future will not be caught in btrfs_cross_ref_exist. Adding an
assert filtering only EAGAIN would be sufficient as this might miss the
extra value in case it'd be an uncommon case.