Am 7.9.2018 12:15, schrieb Qu Wenruo:
On 2018/9/7 下午5:56, Jürgen Herrmann wrote:
Hello!

I'm having a problem with btrfs send which stops after several seconds.
The process hangs with 100% cpu time on one cpu. The system is still
responsive to input but no io is happening anymore so the system
basically becomes unuseable.

Do you have a lot of snapshots or reflinked files (common for offline
dedupe)?

If so, send can spend a lot of time trying to iterate all referencers.

I'd like to point out that the first few sends were either interrupted by
me or did succeed without problems (one full send/receive was actually
successful). I'm in the process of scripting the
whole thing... then this error turned up. the hang does not go away after waiting for more than one hour. The laptop is not slow by any means, it's
a core i5 with a 1TB samsung 860 m.2 ssd and 16GB of RAM.

Best regards, Jürgen

I'm on linux mint 19, freshly installed on a new laptop about 6 weeks
ago. So i wanted to compile latest btrfs-progs and latest stable kernel first before reporting that here, BUT: I cannot compile btrfs-progs 4.17.1
because of the following error:

Your configure detects reiserfs support but it seems that your reiserfs
progs is not up-to-date.

You could disable reiserfs convert support by:

$ ./configure --with-convert=ext2

Thanks,
Qu

    [CC]     convert/source-reiserfs.o
In file included from convert/source-reiserfs.c:30:0:
./convert/source-reiserfs.h:23:10: fatal error: reiserfs/misc.h: No such
file or directory
 #include <reiserfs/misc.h>
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
Makefile:309: recipe for target 'convert/source-reiserfs.o' failed
make: *** [convert/source-reiserfs.o] Error 1

A google search did not turn up any help nor does apt know of any
reiserfs related libs that i could install.

Best regards,
Jürgen

--
Jürgen Herrmann