On 2/11/21 1:47 PM, Goffredo Baroncelli wrote:
On 2/10/21 5:04 PM, Josef Bacik wrote:
On 2/1/21 4:28 PM, Goffredo Baroncelli wrote:

Hi all,

the previous V5 serie was called "btrfs: preferred_metadata: preferred device
for metadata".

A few general points up front, first I'd highly recommend reading our patch submission guidelines

https://github.com/btrfs/btrfs-workflow/blob/master/patch-submission.md

specifically the 'Git config options' section, as it tells you how to apply our git hooks to your local repo.  This will check your patches for all the automatic formatting things we'll complain about, that way you don't have to get bogged down in those style of comments in the review.  For example as soon as I started applying your patches I was getting a ton of whitespace warnings, these are better caught before sending them along.

ok
Also try to develop on Dave's misc-next branch.  I realize this is a moving target, so I'm fine with massaging patches so I can review, but again everything needed massaging.

ok
And finally for a new feature we're going to need an xfstest or two in order to merge them.  I realize we're still working out the details, but the further you get into this it would be good to go ahead and have a test that validates everything.  Thanks,

Definitely I have to do it. Unfortunately the last time I tried I found complex to setup it. Do you have some link for an "xfstest beginner" ?

Sorry this took me longer to get to than I wanted, you can check it out here

https://github.com/btrfs/btrfs-workflow/blob/master/using-fstests.md

let me know if anything doesn't make sense, at this point it's hard for me to realize what doesn't make sense in fstests. Thanks,

Josef