On 2021/3/8 下午6:02, chil L1n wrote:
Hi Qu,

Thanks for some explanation.
Personally, I prefer binary to compare bit-level changes.
Actually, I also miscounted. I count 3 bit flips.

Yes, you're right, xor also returns 3 bits flips.

But the point is not about directly comparing the two key offsets.

The point is, the bit at 0x200000 can be flipped.

If that's the case, the remaining bits are no longer important anymore,
as that one bit flip just makes the current key to be smaller than the
previous key, which will trigger the problem.

Isn't that extremely
unlikely, assuming that each bit flip is independent?
Nonetheless, I'm running another RAM test with memtester and 6GB RAM
blocks.... still no errors.
Will post an update later today.

I'd recommend to run UEFI memtest86.

This should really test the full system RAM, without anything else
affecting the result.
(This also means you are not able to use the computer obviously)

From my personal experience, especially for write time tree-checker,
it's almost sure the system has something wrong.

The RAM is the most common case, and personally I'm very proud that
tree-checker has detected more than a dozen similar cases and quite a
lot of them turns out to be hardware problems.

Thanks,
Qu