On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 11:22:18AM -0400, Forrest Aldrich wrote:
> I have a really large (3+ TB) volume I am copying to a BTRFS volume
> (both over USB) which is painfully slow.  In fact, it will probably take
> days to complete.   My goal is to use BTRFS on that larger USB volume
> (it's an 18TB drive)....
>
> I don't suppose there is a way to convert APFS to BTRFS :)   I know, but
> I thought I would ask as it seems like others may have a similar query.

Convert relies on libraries providing the API to access the source
filesystems, I don't see anything like that for APFS so it would have to
be written from scratch. The linux-apfs project does not seem to be
active, last update 2 years ago. If it's just days of copying, I think
it's the better and safer option.