how do i do file I/O in the kernel? I.e i want to read a value from a
file and store it in the kernel's uptime variable... i've tried the
'normal' open() (or was it fopen(), one of the two) but it complains
(i can't remember the error, but
it was as though i'd not linked something in).

and if i'm kernel hacking, i should get the latest development kernel
right?

and this is probably a silly question, but in VI how do i move lines upwards?
like, see on the 4th line i added some text, and it doesn't fill the whole
line, how do i suck the line below it up onto that line? i have to press return
after each line because i don't have wordwrap on.

--
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error, Please Re-Install Universe And Reboot +++
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                    http://x-map.home.ml.org