On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Syslab Sales and Services Pvt Ltd. wrote:
>
> >     Hello, friends! I am a student of electronics at the university of
> > Pune, in India and as my final year project i'm developing an MIS system
> > on Linux
> > and remote data acquisition terminals. I'm using the MCS 51 architecture
> > for the remote handheld terminals, the terminals will have a 16 character,
> > 2 line LCD display. I want to write a terminal emulator which would enable
> > me to utilise the usual programs like login etc.. for the remote terminals

> You just need to be able to receive and send data via a serial
> Whenever a key is pressed, you need to send the corresponding ASCII
> code via the serial connection.

Dear Glynn,
        Thanks. That does clear up things. However could you please tell
me about the following :
        1. How do I describe this terminal in termcap/terminfo?
           I have just read something about the curses library, however a
           book on the curses library is not available here in India.
           Where could I get more info/downloadable tutorial perhaps?
           I'm currently reading the man page.
        2. How do I make sure that Linux initialises this terminal on
           startup?
        3. How do I make sure that the getty & login processes are carried
           out on starting?

Though these may be novice questions, thank you for answering them :-)

        -Aalhad Saraf

Aalhad Saraf      [EMAIL PROTECTED]