On Wed, 20 May 1998, R. Brock Lynn wrote:

> It is supposed to generate random integers in a certain range specified by two
> endpoints inclusive. i.e.: randomit 10 100 will send to stdout a random long int
> between 10 and 100. should work for negative numbers too.
>
> My code is included. Please give me some comments!

There is one little problem that I have run into before

  srand ( time ( 0 ) ) ;

initializes the random number generator with the current time - and the
time is measured in seconds. This means that if you call randomit two
times during one second, you get the same random number.

You should, probably, use

srand(times(0));

times(0) returns the number of clock ticks since system was brought up,
and ``a tick'' seems to be one hundredth of a second.

Andreas