        linux-c-programmer @itis-com

        Aravinda Guzzar H.P

        751/A, 15th 'B' Main Road,

        Gokula 1st stage,Mathikere,

        Bangalore-54

        email -> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

sir,

        sub:clearing of few doubts

        I am final year CSE student studying in M.S.Ramaiah Institute of

Tech. Bangalore.While doing C-programming in LINUX i encountered following

difficulties.

        I will be very much thankful to you if you clear all these and send

me the reply as early as possible.

        1> signal() instrction is not working

                If i have used signal instuction to execute one function when

                i press DEL key, I am not able to goto the function even if

                i have pressed DEL key.

        2>hide_cur(),cur_size(),scr_dump(),scr_restore(),cur_size(),

          nodelay() with getch() etc.are not working.

                These are cursor function though i have included -lcurses i am

                not able to use these functions

        3>I want equivalent function of KBHIT() IN BORLAND-C in LYNUX

                Function which should not wait for the key to be pressed but

                when key is pressed it should be recognised.

                (nodelay() with getch() is not working )

        4> How to access Video Memory in LYNUX ( far pointer doesnot works)

        5> I want to disable & enable the input from the keyboard how can i

                do that?

       Expecting the reply as early as possible at my address

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

       yours faithfully

       Aravinda Guzzar H.P