It looks *extremely* likely at that the LPI will be able to announce the
public release of our first exam, T1a, at the Linux Business Expo (which
runs alongside Fall Comdex in Vegas).

As you may imagine, this is a HUGE milestone for us; in addition, we also
anticipate being ready to announce at the show:

- a good number of new major sponsors

- a totally-overhauled website

- a new survey designed to find out what potential candidates want
  from a certification

As far as I know, we are confirmed at a booth in Linux Business Expo.
That should entitle us to be able to reserve a time to do a press
conference. It is my intention to use this opportunity to present
ourselves to the media and public, as well as offer an opportunity for
our partners to announce/reiterate their relationship with LPI, as well as
any LPI-related products such as training or book titles.

(We will take the opportunity there to make it clear that LPI is not -- at
this time -- officially endorsing any such products, but that we welcome
and encourage any initiatives that will encourage people to become LPI
certified.)

It is my wish to be able to do some advance publicity to gain some
pre-show LPI media attention, and maximize exposure at the press
conference as wel as at our booth. To that end, I would like to find out,
as soon as possible, what resources are available (and being offered by
members of this list) to help get our message out. We need not only
wire-service access but also assiatance from those of you who have
targeted Linux-friendly and training-industry-related media lists.

I will be canvassing our partners on the Advisory council to see what kind
of announcements they may wish to make alongside what we'll be doing. If
some of you here on the PR list already know of such intentions on behalf
of your organizations, so much the better.

In the meantime, if you can be of assistance, please (re) introducde
yourself to this list and tell us how you can assist LPI in getting the
word out.

Thanks!

---
Evan Leibovitch                                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Executive Director, Linux Professional Institute          www.lpi.org
Developing quality professional certification for the Linux community