"A.R. (Tom) Peters" wrote:
> ! This brings up another issue: we should discriminate which concepts and
> acronyms we are using at what level.  For higher levels we will be using
> names that need not be known at the lower.  I propose to add a new section
> for each level we make, so the current draft should be headed by "Level
> I".

I'm not sure this is a good idea.  If a test is created based on the
requirements that have been established for the test, then only those
concepts which were listed would be included.  Any concepts which were
not listed in the exam criteria would automatically not be included.
However, if a specific term is needed, then the correct term should be
used.  I am of the opinion that a term should be used by people of all
levels if it is the correct term, and by noone if it is not the correct
term.  I don't feel the correctness of the term is dependent upon the
skill level of the speaker.  If a concept or acronym isn't supposed
to be known by people of a certain skill level, then we should simply
leave that item off of the exam requirements.  However, we shouldn't
limit item writers from using the term.

Forrest