l-c-program,
As we were talking about recertification and renewal recently, I found
this interesting note in an online newsletter I get.  Seems Microsoft
will *force* all current MCSE's to upgrade to the new exams. (Which
pretty much means that I won't be an MCSE after December 31, 2000, given
that I have absolutely *zero* interest in learning about Windows 2000!)

Just thought I'd mention what another program is doing,
Dan

* MICROSOFT ANNOUNCES NEW MCSE REQUIREMENTS
Last week, Microsoft announced the Windows 2000 (Win2K) certification
track for MCSEs. To obtain certification, candidates must pass five
core exams and two electives. Microsoft will provide an accelerated
exam for candidates who have already passed the Windows NT 4.0 exam.
Testing for NT 4.0 certification will cease after 2000.
   MCSE-certified professionals who received their certification on NT
4.0 should note that their certification will not be valid after
December 31, 2001, unless they upgrade their certification to Win2K.
Travel to http://www.microsoft.com/mcp/certstep/mcse.htm for details.