Ja S wrote:
Hi Wendy:

Thank you very much for the kind answer.

Unfortunately, I am using Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS
release 4 (Nahant Update 5) 2.6.9-42.ELsmp.

When I ran gfs_tool gettune /mnt/ABC, I got:
[snip] ..

There is no glock_purge option. I will try to tune
demote_secs, but I don't think it will fix 'ls -la'
issue.
No, it will not. Don't waste your time. Will try to explain this more whenever I get a chance (but not right now).

By the way, could you please kindly direct me to a
place where I can find detailed explanations of these
tunable options?

There is one called readme.gfs_tune - in theory, it is in: http://people.redhat.com/wcheng/Patches/GFS/readme.gfs_tune.

Just check few minutes ago ... my people page seems to have become Bob Peterson's people page but large amount of my old write-ups and unpublished patches still there. So if you type "wcheng", you probably will get "rpeterso" - contents are mostly the same though. There are also few GFS1/GFS2/NFS patches, as well as the detailed NFS over GFS documents, GFS glock write-ups, etc, in the (people's page) "Patches" and "Project" directories. Feel free to peek and/or try them out (but I suspect they'll disappear soon).

On the other hand, if GFS2 is out in time, there is really no point to mess around with GFS1 any more - it is old and outdated anyway.

-- Wendy