----- Original Message -----
> Great Thanks.
>
> This particular mount has two partitions.  I get the following when i
> use the savemeta/savemetaslow commands.  Is this ok or do I need to do
> something different to gather the information?  I wasn't sure if the
> information was just on the first partition or on each partition.
>
> [root@-dr tmp]# gfs2_edit savemetaslow /dev/sdd1 /tmp/sdd1.meta
> There are 488281088 blocks of 4096 bytes in the destination device.
> Reading resource groups...Done. File system size: 0.0
> Metadata saved to file /tmp/sdd1.meta (gzipped, level 9).
> [root@-dr tmp]# gfs2_edit savemetaslow /dev/sdd2 /tmp/sdd2.meta
> Either the super block is corrupted, or this is not a GFS2 filesystem
> Unable to read superblock.
> [root@dr tmp]# gfs2_edit savemetaslow /dev/sdd /tmp/sdd.meta
> Either the super block is corrupted, or this is not a GFS2 filesystem
> Unable to read superblock.
> [root@-dr tmp]#

Hm. If the GFS2 superblock is gone, it sounds like there was major
damage. I've seen hardware problems do that, like when a RAID controller
makes scrambled eggs out of a device. Perhaps you can use dd to save off
the first 1MB of metadata (which should just be gfs2 metadata) and I can
see what's left for you.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat File Systems