From: Salvatore Mesoraca
> Sent: 09 April 2018 14:55
>
> v2:
>       As suggested by Herbert Xu, the blocksize and alignmask checks
>       have been moved to crypto_check_alg.
>       So, now, all the other separate checks are not necessary.
>       Also, the defines have been moved to include/crypto/algapi.h.
>
> v1:
>       As suggested by Laura Abbott[1], I'm resending my patch with
>       MAX_BLOCKSIZE and MAX_ALIGNMASK defined in an header, so they
>       can be used in other places.
>       I took this opportunity to deal with some other VLAs not
>       handled in the old patch.

If the constants are visible they need better names.
Maybe CRYPTO_MAX_xxx.

You can also do much better than allocating MAX_BLOCKSIZE + MAX_ALIGNMASK
bytes by requesting 'long' aligned on-stack memory.
The easiest way is to define a union like:

union crypto_tmp {
        u8 buf[CRYPTO_MAX_TMP_BUF];
        long buf_align;
};

Then in each function:

        union tmp crypto_tmp;
        u8 *keystream = PTR_ALIGN(tmp.buf, alignmask + 1);

I think CRYPTO_MAX_TMP_BUF needs to be MAX_BLOCKSIZE + MAX_ALIGNMASK - sizeof
(long).

        David