>> On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 07:09:05AM +0200, Stephan Mueller wrote:
>>
>> Maybe I have a different understanding of how such interface should look
>> like.
>>
>> Can you give me some more detail on how you envision such virtual address
>> interface should work?
>
> It should look like shash.

Ok, but then:

- should it be synchronous like blkcipher?

- the TFMs (cipher Impls and templates) all operate on SGLs - should a virt API
simply convert a virt address into an SGL? If so, the problem that triggered
this thread is still not solved but only pushed to a different layer. If it
should not just be an SGL wrapper, should all TFMs be changed?

Thanks