On Tue, 2021-02-02 at 20:42 +1100, Herbert Xu wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 02, 2021 at 09:27:33AM +0000, Alessandrelli, Daniele
> wrote:
> > I see. Just to clarify: does the in-kernel user requirement also
> > apply
> > to the case when the author of a device driver also provides the
> > software implementation for the new algorithms supported by device
> > driver / HW?
>
> Yes we need an actual user.  For example, if your algorithm is used
> by the Security Subsystem (IMA) that would be sufficient.

Understood, thanks!

Unrelated question: I have my Keem Bay OCS ECC patchset [1] almost
ready for re-submission. Should I go ahead or should I wait for the
final decision about using 'ecdh-nist-pXXX' in place of 'ecdh'?

Also, I guess I'll have to drop P-384 support from the driver, since
the are no in-kernel user AFAIK.

[1]
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-crypto/20201217172101.381772-1-daniele.alessandre...@linux.intel.com/